Alice’s novel study

Diary of the wimpy kid the ugly truth 

Author Jeff Kinney

• 10 years reader age for this book

This book is about a boy who who wants to grow up faster but finds himself in all sorts of troubles. Greg and his ex best friend, (Rowley Jefferson) had a bad fight and  are not friends anymore. Greg is really worried about losing this friendship because it was the only one he had. He’s been looking for other boys to become friends with but there is nobody else that he wants to hang out with.    

Greg’s mother has enough of being a mum and a housewife and decides to take a few night classes a week. The dad and the three boys will need to make their own dinners and make their lunches on those days. But that turns out to be a disaster. The dad tries to cook roast beef but forgets to take the wrapper off so the steak was a fail so they went out to eat then after the dinner out Rodrick (his brother) was chewing gum and tried to spit it out and it ended up hitting his dad then he chased him around the parking lot.  

My opinion 

This book was a little too boring for me but I do have a VERY short attention span so maybe it’s just me.